Since 1966, the Arkansas Federation of Republican Women (AFRW) has sponsored the Douglas Tyler Burton Memorial Scholarship. The scholarship was established in memory of Douglas Tyler Burton, the seven-year-old son of Ann and Marion Burton, who died in 1966. The Burtons were longtime supporters of the Republican Party of Arkansas and friends felt that a scholarship would be a fitting and meaningful memorial to their son.
- Member (or child of a member) of the AFRW or any affiliated Republican organization.
- High school senior or first-year college student.
- United States citizen.
- Attending school in Arkansas.
- Not a previous winner of this scholarship.
- Please note this information is specific to BENTON COUNTY ARKANSAS APPLICANTS ONLY, excluding Siloam Springs.
- Siloam Springs residents must apply to the Siloam Springs Republican Women club. Contact them via their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/SSRW2015/
- Interested applicants from other Arkansas counties must apply to the Republican Women club in their county, or to the nearest club if there is no club in their county.
One application from Benton County will be chosen for statewide judging and sent to the state scholarship committee. No money is awarded for being chosen at the county level.
The AFRW state scholarship committee will then judge all applications and notify the winner(s) in late February or early March. The winner(s) will be invited to attend the April AFRW Convention to be introduced and receive their scholarship money.
Complete information can be found in the application. Click here to download the application.